Friday, November 18, 2011

Mantel Update

Can you believe Thanksgiving is less than a week away? YIKES! I feel like it was just Halloween...crazy stuff people!

I figured I had to do something with my Mantel to make it fallish before the whole family comes over for Thanksgiving. I have been so crazy busy with business that my Halloween mantel has been up since yesterday last week!

Even though I was in love with my Halloween Mantel....it was time to go.

I decided the mantel needed to be simple and I had to use things around the house. I didn't want to spend a penny on my Fall mantel, when the Holiday mantel will be making its appearance in a little over a week! (Yes...we run out and get our tree and decorate two days after Thanksgiving!)

So I decided to pull from things I have already made or items that I have been using in other parts of the house.

I first took this FALL bunting:

And Moved it Here:



Then I pulled some gourds and pumpkins from other parts of the house and placed them here:

The mantel needed a little something more. I had a little idea in my head (rare I know) and I headed outside to grab some of these:


Then, I went upstairs to the Hubs office and asked him if he had a book that he didn't want anymore. I told him he had to make sure he didn't want it because I was going to destory it! HA!

After much discussion he gave me an old book he was SURE he wasn't going to be using. I traced the leaves on different pages inside of the book. I wanted to make sure I found the pages with the most words, no pictures or spaces.

And....Wha-La! Some beautious book leaves!


I hot glued them to some extra twine I had around the house. Then I taped the twine to the back of an old frame I found in my parent's attic.


 And here is how my little idea turned out:
Not too bad right? A little funky..but I kind of like it!


I pulled a few more items from around the house and here is the final product of the Fall Mantel......

Quick, Easy & Cheap!



Halloween:                                                                             Fall:

What do you think? Not too shabby huh?

**Don't forget today is the last day to sign up for the Designs by Donna Giveaway!
Winner will be announced on Monday, November 21st!**

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews