Friday, March 2, 2012

Entryway Update

Happy Friday you crazy peeps! What do you have going this weekend? I don't think I am going to sleep this weekend. Yep...just decided that! I think I can get a lot more projects completed that way. hehe I will share my mile long project list later in this post.
I wanted to update you on the paint choices and a little entryway preview. As you all know, I had a little trouble choosing paint colors this week. I was telling my mom that I normally just pick a color and go for it! I am usually not this indecisive. However, the color gray has been keeping me up at night! Uggh!
I think I have narrowed it down to two colors for the entryway! I just need the sun to come shining in (which doesn't look like that is going to happen all weekend) so I can visualize the colors in natural light.

The two colors that I have to pick from are:
Collonade Gray by Sherwin Williams


OR


Mindful Gray by Sherwin Williams


I am not too sure about the second choice because I feel that it is still a little on the blue side. I really just want a true gray! Hello Gray!

Well I will hopefully have some stinkin paint on the walls for all of you by Monday! So stay Tuned! 


Once the color goes up, the fun stuff starts! I am getting excited to add some accessories and artwork to our small entryway. Here is my plan so far:

The Sunburst Mirror is actually from Home Depot. Adorable don't you think? I love the rug and have no idea where it is from! I must find!I already have the bench and will be replacing the current fabric and pillows to coordinate with the new color scheme. I am also thinking of adding a small table next to the bench to throw small items like cell phones, money, keys, etc. And of course...I am just head over heels for this Boot Umbrella Holder. Not sure why...just love!

So I have A LOT to do this weekend. Here is my current weekend to do list:
*Paint wainscoting glossy white
*Paint walls some gray color
*Clean and organize Master Bath linen closet
*Make valence for Hub's office
*Decide between two bedside lamps for Master Bedroom

I am a little overwhelmed...but also pumped that I should have a lot to show you next week!
What do you think about the hallway plan?

P.S. Don't forget Eat.Sleep.Decorate's Favorite Things Giveaway...Starting next week!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! How did your to-do list go this weekend? Excited for some picture updates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to hear what paint color you went with. I am thinking about painting an entire house Collonade Gray by Sherwin Williams with a white trim of some sort :). This is a Tour Home, which is not pre-sold so I really have to try to stay neutral.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up painting the entryway Bonsi by Valspar. It is a perfect gray that isn't too dark or too light. It also doesn't have a blueish tint to it. It leans more on the gray-taupe side of the spectrum! Hope this helps!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews