Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Two Pillows Made for our Couch

Hope you all had a wonderful long weekend with family and friends. The Hubs was out of town this weekend, so I was excited to get some major projects done around the house! Can you believe that I tackled his whole office and it is almost done? I can't wait to share some of the DIY's and updates very soon.

A few months ago I showed you some inspirational pictures of living rooms, with one idea in mind...


...adding simplicity into my pillow hoarding abilities. I wanted to keep our new sectional couch clean and simple. No more millions of pillows being tossed here and there.

Here is a BEFORE picture so you can really get a feel for the space:




And...here is the After:


Don't you think that two pillows that add a little drama are better than a whole mess that don't do anything for the space!? I am really loving how they look. They just add a bit of glam and color to the much needed living room.


I used an Ikat fabric from JoAnn's that I purchased months ago. It is from their Mill Creek line. I added a gray linen to the back. Believe it or not, this pillow was made from a body pillow that was purchase from target. I had to cut it down a bit to get the exact size I wanted. These pillows are pretty large. The measurements are right around 19"x38". Aren't they just fabulous!? hehe




Here is one last before and after.....





So what do you think!? Could you pair down your pillows and just create some large ones that give a sense of simplicity?


P.S. Who noticed the the new curtains as well? That DIY is for another post! Stay Tuned!

Linked up: Liz Marie Blog & Thrifty Decor Chick

3 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of the 2 large pillows! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am loving them as well! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. These turned out so great! I love the fabric that you used. The pillows really improve the space! Awesome job!

    Marie H.
    www.progressionbydesign.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews