Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I Found my Dream Home

Have you ever searched through your local Real Estate for fun only to find your Dream Home? Or maybe you already live in your dream home. Well since the Hubs and I are in the Real Estate business here in Raleigh, NC we get to see all sorts of homes from the lowest dumps to million dollar beauties. We have been in business for about 8 years and there have been gorgeous homes that I could totally live in, but not until last month did I find my true "Dream Home". 


It isn't necessarily my dream home because it has all the most up to date fixtures and touches, but it is my dream home because as I walked through the home I felt at peace. I could see myself throwing parties on the large screened in porch and covered patio.



I could see the Hubs practicing his golf swings behind the back fence while I was doing dishes.



I could see our little ones someday climbing on the play house and running through the large fenced-in backyard. 




I could see our family watching Friday night movies in the expansive bonus room.




I could see having my friends over for tea and laughing all the while.



These are just some of the future activities that got me so excited about life! No, we didn't buy the home because it is totally out of our price range at this time. But a girl can dream...can't she? 


Now lets talk about this beauty a little. The landscaping first of all caught my eye. The previous owners hired a professional to really create beautiful gardens around the whole house. I could even see prom and wedding pictures being photographed here someday!



The Hubs fell in love with the extra side entrance that entered into a Huge office space that would be perfect for our business. It would be amazing to work from home and his view would be looking at the golf course in the back yard. Not too shabby!





I personally loved the southern charm that went into this home. I love the wooden shutters that adorn the windows in each room. I love the really thick moldings that can be found in most parts of the home.





The owners also did a great job adding built-ins for extra storage and functionality.





Of course one of my favorite rooms in the home is the gorgeous kitchen. There really isn't much I would change in here. If I was to move in, the first thing would be to take down those pendant lights and put something more fun! I also like the fact that all of the appliances are covered by cabinetry. It really gives the kitchen a seamless feel. 





Obviously I would put some of my own touches on the house. But to be honest, I could live in this home a long time before I needed to change a thing. It is move in ready and I so wish I was moving in!



Have you ever found a home that makes you at peace when you walk through the doors? Maybe it is the home you live in now! Don't you love how the mind can dream? I sure do!

Happy Hump Day All!


3 comments:

  1. I'm drooling over that house; it's so gorgeous! I try not to look too much at houses because buying one is so far off in the distant future. But it is nice to dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn. Maybe one day it will be meant to be. My current home is definitely a version of my dream house! I love everything about it and I feel so at peace in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful home, Amy! That patio is gorgeous and the bonus room is awesome with tat bay window-like seating. This place certainly feels like you guys. I know what you mean about feeling at peace in a place and know that some day you'll have it either with one or with some other house.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews