Thursday, April 10, 2014

Bringing Spring into your Home

Today we have a special treat! The Lovely Sarah from 702 Park Project is here giving us some fabulous tips on how to bring a little spring into our homes without breaking the bank. Be sure to stop on by her blog and check out the journey of their historic four square home. She and her hubby are in the process of rehabbing every space. I can't wait to see the finished master bath & kitchen. Thanks for being here today Sarah!

*********************************************************************************

Hi, friends! I'm thrilled to be here on Eat. Sleep. Decorate. today! Amy has amazing taste and a gorgeous southern home, and I always look forward to her posts. I can't tell you how happy I am that spring is finally here. I've always loved winter and cold weather, but this year was just a little more than I could take. I'm welcoming these mild sunny days with open arms! The spring weather has me thinking a lot about spring decor. Since we are still renovating our house, it's not quite ready for a spring overhaul--so I've been enjoying some window shopping and virtual designing! Today I want to show you that you don't need bright springy furniture to make your home look like spring. It's all about the accents!  


Spring


 Spring is all about color, but it's all about white too. For me, this means keeping things looking fresh and not letting one overpower the other. I prefer to have a white bedspread and change out the sheets and throw pillows seasonally. In my opinion, fresh flowers are a must for spring. Whether they are from your garden or from your grocery store, fresh flowers can make a world of difference in your home.

fireplace pin2


And who doesn't love a good bar cart? You can style the cart with the fixings for yummy spring cocktails, or you can use it to serve ice cream out of the adorable sundae bowls above. The options are endless!

bar-cart-tamara-mack-design



When it comes to seasonal items, I try to be a bargain shopper. I prefer to invest in the staples and timeless pieces. So you may have guessed a few of my favorite places to shop for spring decor: TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning, Steinmart, and Target. I also love me some HomeGoods, but we don't have one close to home so I rarely get to indulge. I've also discovered that Etsy is a great place to shop for inexpensive art and prints. Parima Creative Studio, Siiso Visual Art, and Michelle Armas are a few of my favorites.
parima siiso
Armas


So how do you bring spring into your home?

Thanks again for having me, Amy! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews